Taras Shevchenko Museum in Orsk
The Orsk Museum of Taras Shevchenko was opened on March 10, 1986, on the site of the former Orsk fortress in a building which once belonged to a prominent local family. The street, on which the museum is located, has carried the name of the great Ukrainian poet since 1908. The main exhibition is comprised of paintings, documents, and other artifacts, all donated by the Taras Shevchenko National State Museum and the collection is constantly being supplemented by gifts from visitors, mainly from Ukraine. The chronology of the poet's life is a constituent part of the display with the focus being on the Orsk locations where he served. They are reflected in the panoramic displays, and the dioramas by Orsk artists and designers.