PRESENTATION AND MASTERCLASS BY TETIANA PROTCHEVA (in Ukrainian language)
Thursday, November 23, 2023 @ 5:30 - 6:30 PM
Shevchenko Museum, 1604 Bloor Street West, Toronto
Tetiana PROTCHEVA - Ukrainian textile artist, author of GLOW ART - embroidery that glows in the dark, a holder of diploma of the "Book of records of Ukraine". The artist has presented her works in America, Australia, Brazil, Great Britain, Dubai, Japan, China, Israel, Spain , Sweden, and other countries. The craftswoman was trained at the Royal embroidery school in Britain.
During the presentation visitors will see:
- Embroidered flag of Ukraine with your eyes closed
- Embroidery dancing
- Digital QR code Coloring Book
- Smart digital jewelry, Smart accessories
- Glow-in-the-dark threads
- A needle with an eye in the center
- An embroidered map of Ukraine
- an embroidered and shining icon in the dark
- Ukrainian ceremonial cloth, which is more than 100 years old
- the alphabet, used in ancient times
Also you will learn about new trends in the art of embroidery GLOW ART, DIGITALNEEDLEWORK and POLYMSEST as well as an international art project "TIME for UKRAINE" .
After presentation the artist will conduct a WISH-DOLL workshop where everyone can make a paper doll that makes your wish true.
Admission by donation.